- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Dating back to the Doomsday Book, Arlington Mill is both historic and iconic and for the first time ever - you can stay in this outstanding property!
Set in the heart of Bibury and with the original wheels and old machinery visually preserved but not working, guests will feel surrounded by a unique atmosphere that is rare to experience.
Once upon a time this is where corn from around the Cotswolds was brought and milled for consumption - it's real history!
Today, this vast building set across four floors offers wonderful self catering accommodation for up 13 guests.
There are two Living Room s, each enormous, a smart kitchen and then across the floors are five bedrooms and five bathrooms.
It's immaculate in presentation and very clean and we feel an ideal place for groups to get together and relax completely.
Within, literally, 2 mins walk are two pubs - each serving food so it couldn't be better for a completely relaxed weekend or holiday.
The kids will love it, as the Bibury Trout Farm is next door across the river from where you can catch a fish within about 1 min of fishing!
The trout farm has a decent general shop that you will find very convenient during your stay.For many reasons, this is an excellent choice for families or for friends, and for many reasons we think that you will return once you have stayed.
We love it!
Five bedrooms over four floors: 1 x first floor master suite with super kingsize 4 posted bed plus ensuite with roll top bath, shower, WC and washbasin. 1 x second floor family room with double bed and two single beds and ensuite with bath, hand held shower, WC and washbasin, 1 x second floor super kingsize bedroom plus ensuite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, WC and washbasin, 1 x second floor king size double bedroom plus ensuite with bath, hand held shower, WC and washbasin, 1 x third floor twin bedroom (zip/link, can be kingsize on request). Third floor shower room with shower, WC and washbasin. Ground floor cloakroom. Ground floor living/dining area with piano. First floor additional living area. Kitchen. Utility
- Heating with woodburner
- Range cooker, two ovens and grill, dishwasher and a large fridge freezer, small breakfast table and chairs
- TV, DVD, Soundbar, WiFi (speed may be variable due to location)
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Two well behaved dogs allowed
- Permanent wooden cot supplied and one high chair
- Rear patio garden with furniture available in the summer, with BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 0.1 miles
- Note: Please note that the mill stream (leat) is deep and often fast flowing through an underwater sluice and therefore it is dangerous for pets, children and adults to approach the leat or to walk on the wall next to the leat - please keep your family away from the water
- Note: Wi-Fi is available via the modem in the downstairs living room- due to the thick stone walls, the wireless signal is not consistent through the house, however there is a booster on the first floor so you should have some signal through the house
- Note: This property requires a refundable Good House Keeping Bond of Â£500.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £500.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Burford 9 miles; Bourton-on-the-Water 10 miles.
William Morris called Bibury ‘the most beautiful village in England” and today it is world famous as a village which best epitomises the English rural scene. At its centre is an outstanding Saxon church. So important is the village architecturally that the National Trust is closely involved in its preservation - Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages was restored by the Trust in the 1970s and its distinctive roofline and gables are one of the most photographed scenes in the Cotswolds. The village has a selection of shops, pubs and tea rooms and a wider range of amenities are available in the nearby market town of Burford “Gateway to the Cotswolds”.
Note: Please note that the mill stream (leat) is deep and often fast flowing through an underwater sluice and therefore it is dangerous for pets, children and adults to approach the leat or to walk on the wall next to the leat - please keep your family away from the water.
Note: Wi-Fi is available via the modem in the downstairs living room- due to the thick stone walls, the wireless signal is not consistent through the house, however there is a booster on the first floor so you should have some signal through the house.
Note: This property has a Good House Keeping Bond of £500.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute