- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Surrounded by beautiful gardens, Tyte Cottage, ('tyte' is an old Oxfordshire term applied to an artificial hollow or trough where people collected spring water.
These were used for centuries before mains water was installed), is just the Cotswolds retreat to come home to.
Welcoming colours and tones, spacious rooms with comfortable furnishings and you have a gem for country lovers.
Your pooch will be delighted with the location as there are miles and miles of some outstanding countryside on your doorstep in fact within a few minutes from your door you will be out of the village and into the hills!
Inside the owners have created a fresh and homely cottage, the wood burner keeps your warm and cosy, while the kitchen is smart and fully equipped for a demanding cook.
The two ensuite bedrooms are a real coup making this suitable for two sets of couples as well as a family.
No need to share here!!The owners are nearby and will help where required, but you're tucked away and won't be interrupted otherwise.
The property is all on one level, which is ideal for those with limited mobility, be the young or old!
The garden surrounding is a feast of colour and neat lines with plenty of interest throughout the year.
Whether you want to simply get away for a weekend or you plan a longer trip in the Cotswolds, this is a top notch choice we'd happily enjoy ourselves!
- Two bedrooms: 1 x super king size double, with ensuite shower room, with shower, WC and basin, 1 x twin (zip and link can be superking size double on request), with ensuite bathroom with bath, shower over, WC and wash basin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Living room with woodburner.
- Central heating, woodburner
- Electric hob, oven and grill, microwave, large fridge and freezer, dishwasher, plus an Espresso coffee machine with some pods supplied
- TV, DVD, WIFI
- Fuel and power and inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Shared gardens, private terrace
- One well behaved pet welcome
- Sorry no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Please do note that the owners will be 'pottering' around keeping on top of the flower beds!
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Moreton-in-Marsh 8 miles; Stow-on-the-Wold 9 miles; Oxford 20 miles.
The ancient town of Chipping Norton, steeped in history and culture, is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the shadow of the Rollright Hills in this unspoilt area of Oxfordshire. Chipping Norton boasts a popular weekly market, numerous book and antique shops, many cafes, restaurants and pubs serving excellent food and local ales, art galleries, a museum and a thriving theatre. Chipping Norton is surrounded by the pretty limestone villages of the Cotswolds and offers many walks and cycle trails from the town centre, together with a Lido, perfect for a relaxing swim at the end of a busy day. Blenheim Palace, Rousham House and Gardens and numerous National Trust properties are close by, and a little further afield Stratford Upon Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare, and the magnificent university town of Oxford are a real delight. A wonderful holiday destination, perfect for exploring all this lovely area has to offer.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute