- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ilmington 2.1 miles.
An impressive farmhouse offering a group of six an idyllic base for exploring the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Manor Farm House 6 has been modified in line with COVID guidelines to offer you and your loved ones a beautiful holiday base in Warwickshire.
Sitting within the village of Blackwell an easy drive from all of the amenities of Ilmington and Shipston-on-Stour, this exceptional property makes a desirable base at any time of the year.
Park up outside the property and marvel at the beautiful gardens and far-reaching countryside before stepping inside to find an equally impressive interior.
Get together around the warmth of the open fire in the sitting room while the rustic wooden beams lining the ceiling add to the character of the property, the piano at the end of the room making a lovely spot for the musician of the group to entertain all, while the playroom with a woodburning stove is sure to provide hours of entertainment for the little ones with a good host of books and games to be found.
Spend a special moment with a loved one in the snug, where a plush corner sofa awaits you to snuggle up with a film on the television, while the kitchen/diner makes a marvellous social space; take a seat at the dining table and toast to your terrific holiday, while a lovingly-made meal is served from the impressive island surrounded by a range of high-quality appliances and utensils to assist you on your stay.
Make your way up the staircase to find two well-presented bedrooms; a master king-size and a double both with their very own en-suite bathrooms both as luxurious as the other, while the second floor hosts two single bedrooms served by the family bathroom, the perfect hideaway for a pair of little ones tucked beneath the eaves.
The outside area provides a lovely space to begin your day, with all of lawned gardens with furniture, a children's play garden with climbing frames and an orchard, it makes a true haven in the summer months, with plenty of space for your canine companions to stretch their legs too.
Take a walk around the local village of Blackwell, before taking a short car ride to the nearby village of Ilmington; the highest village in Warwickshire, this impressive area hosts all the essentials such as a Post Office and shop, and two pubs to choose from for a hearty lunch after a day of rambling.
The nearby town of Shipston-on-Stour also offers a good range of amenities as well as its very own museum where you can learn of the rich history of the area, while even more enticing history can be found in Stratford-upon-Avon; the birthplace of Shakespeare, there's so much to explore here including Shakespeare's Schoolroom & Guildhall, Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Shakespeare's New Place just to name a few of the most famed attractions, while The MAD Museum, Stratford Butterfly Farm and Anne Hathaway's Cottage are also well-worth exploring while in the area.
Spend a day at the famed races of Cheltenham for a celebratory day out with your loved ones, or enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere of the Cotswolds with ample opportunities for walking, cycling and horse riding amidst truly exceptional scenery.
In reach of Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden, Banbury, Worcester and so much more, Manor Farm House 6 provides a desirable base for exploring the many wonders of Warwickshire and beyond.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size with en-suite roll top bath, separate walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x second-floor singles
- Second-floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Cloakroom with basin and WC
- Sitting room with open fire
- Playroom with woodburning stove
- Oil-fired central heating with open fire and woodburning stove
- AGA (PLEASE NOTE: AGA is switched off 30th April - 1st October), electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TV, WiFi, a selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Ample off-road parking
- Enclosed lawned gardens with furniture, children's play garden with climbing frames and an orchard
- Two well-behaved pets welcome (charged @ £25.00 each)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2.2 miles, pub 1.2 miles
- Note: This property requires a refundable Good Housekeeping Bond of £400 prior to booking
- Note: Children should be supervised when using climbing frames
- Note: Children should be supervised outside due to Ha-Ha at the end of the garden (a garden feature designed to preserve an uninterrupted view)
- Note: No hen or stag parties allowed and we ask all guest to be considerate to neighbours in the village with no loud noise
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £400.
About the location
Shipston-on-Stour 4 miles; Stratford-upon-Avon 9 miles; Warwick 17 miles.
The thriving village of Ilmington, the highest in Warwickshire, lies at the foot of Ilmington Downs in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and boasts a village shop and Post Office, two village pubs and is famous locally for growing 38 varieties of apple. The pretty market town of Shipston-on-Stour is nearby and offers many amenities, including shops, restaurants and pubs, together with a magnificent 17th century church. Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon, is within easy reach, with its famous theatre, striking architecture, shops full of character, pubs, river boats and lovely riverside walks, whilst the magnificent medieval castle at Warwick is not to be missed. Visit the splendid National Trust house at Charlecote Park with its graceful gardens, intriguing maze and Capability Brown Deer Park. Alternatively, enjoy a day out at Warwick Racecourse, or simply explore the many surrounding Cotswold towns and hamlets this stunning area has to offer.
- no Hen or Stag parties at the property
- We ask that all guests have a curfew of 10pm to avoid disturbing the neighbours.
- Guests at all times should act with consideration for the people who live in the village and surrounding neighbours.
- the Aga is switched off between 1st May - 1st October
- there is a £25.00 per pet charge
- a Good House-Keeping Bond of £400.00 is required (a 'shadow' is held over the card used for payment)
- The 2 single rooms in the main house have limited head and foot room and are most suitable for infants/children
- If we receive notification that guests are acting inappropriately (loud, inconsiderate or disrespectfully) will have their Security Deposit withheld.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute