- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
1 Customer Review(s)
“Fabulous house will define return”
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS COTSWOLD COTTAGE IS MARKETED AS A SLEEP 6 PROPERTY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE UNTIL 1ST APRIL,2021.
YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE WHOLE HOUSE AND 3 OF THE 5 BEDROOMS.
This is a very special and Award Winning holiday home, which has recently been refurbished.
Set in the heart of Moreton in Marsh, Cotswold House is very much the grand (and perfect) Cotswold Retreat, presented beautifully and stylishly with huge, spacious rooms, fabulous 'floor to ceiling' windows and all within a hop, skip and jump of Moreton's many restaurants, pubs and shops.
In fact we'd go as far to say this is one of the most unique and attractive holiday houses anywhere in the Cotswolds.
We absolutely adore it and it appears so too do previous guests who voted it the Cotswolds Best Holiday Cottage at the Cotswolds Concierge Awards!
The building dates back to the early 19th Century and while many features remain, today it is fitted with some stunning touches - oak flooring, top of the range kitchen (including Aga) and some lovely bathrooms.
Each of the rooms are unique, with a flair that demonstrates the owner's creativity and film-making background!
Downstairs the ground-floor rooms have a lovely flow, perfect for entertaining or simply 'hanging out' before you pootle off to Moreton.
(You can stay in and play snooker or darts if you prefer).
Upstairs the bedrooms, which are spread across two floors, are a joy.
There is ample off street parking, plus you're just 2mins from the train station which whisks up from London in about 1 hr 25 mins.
This is an excellent holiday cottage in every respect, perfect for a large family or for a large group who fancy a home for a 'proper' holiday or equally perfect for a short weekend trip to the Cotswolds.
- Over three floors
- Three bedrooms: 1 x first floor master suite with superking size bed plus ensuite bathroom with roll top bath, WC and separate walk in shower, 1 x first floor superking size bedroom, 1 x second floor twin
- First floor family shower room with double length walk in shower, WC and washbasin
- Second floor family bathroom with shower, WC and washbasin
- Groundfloor cloak room with WC and washbasin
- Living area/games room
- Dining room
- Living room
- Second floor laundry room.
- Heating with open fires
- AGA with three hot plates, 4 ovens, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- TV with BT Vision, BluRay DVD, BOSE surround sound system, WiFi
- PS4, Snooker/pool table, dart board and other games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and laundry inc. in rent
- Travel Cot and highchair available
- STRICTLY, NO BBQ's or SMOKING
- Rear enclosed garden
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Shop and pub 0.1 miles
- Note: Sorry, no hens, stags or similar
- Note: Two well behaved dogs welcome at the property, any additional dogs need to be authorised by the owner and will be charged £50 per pet
- Travel cot provided but no mattress or bedding
- All bedrooms benefit from blackout blinds and linen curtains with triple black out. Note: the front drive & back gate is covered by CCTV. First floor bathroom 2 steps down & 2 steps back up from bedroom so may not be suitable for people with mobility issues. Sorry no cats or other animals allowed
- Dogs must be house trained
- An additional £250 cleaning fee will be charged if the dog/s make any mess in the house or have an accident
- Pet owners will be responsible for the repair or replacement of any item/s damaged by the dog/s
- The garden can not be used as a toilet, please use the surrounding roads & parks
- By paying the pet fee you agree to these terms.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £500.
About the location
Stow-on-the-Wold 4.5 miles; Bourton-on-the-Water 8 miles; Stratford-upon-Avon 16 miles; Cheltenham 23 miles; Oxford 31 miles.
The Saxon market town of Moreton-in-Marsh lies on the Fosse Way Roman Road in the northern Cotswolds and boasts many elegant 18th century buildings, which are home to traditional inns, serving real ales and home-cooked food, tea rooms, restaurants and individual shops to suit all tastes. It also boasts it's own train station and lies on the intersection of the Paddington rail line from London. The town hosts the Moreton-In-Marsh Show, one of the UK's largest one-day agricultural shows, as well as the Moreton Beer Festival, an annual French Market, and a large outdoor market every Tuesday. Many walks and cycle rides through the beautiful rolling countryside of the Cotswolds can be enjoyed from the centre of the town, with the Macmillan Way, Heart of England Way, Gloucestershire and Monarch's Way all running close by. Less than five miles away is Stow-on-the-Wold, the highest town in the Cotswolds. This ancient market town has played host to many fairs since the 12th century and today holds a biannual Gypsy Horse Fair, craft fairs and monthly farmers' market. Close by is Bourton-on-the-Water, which is known as the Venice of the Cotswolds as the River Windrush runs through the centre. It lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is one of the most popular Cotswold villages. Also within reach is the spa town of Cheltenham. This town boasts an incredible range of shops, cinemas, theatres, restaurants and pubs, and is famous for its horseracing festival in March, culminating in the Gold Cup steeplechase. Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Bath, Worcester and the waterfront city of Gloucester are also within driving distance. A convenient base for exploring the Cotswolds and the wider area.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS COTSWOLD COTTAGE IS BEING MARKETED AS A SLEEP 6 PROPERTY UNTIL 1ST APRIL 2021. YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE WHOLE OF THE GROUND FLOOR AND USE OF 3 OF THE 5 BEDROOMS.
NOTE: This property has a £500 good housekeeping bond. This amount is automatically shadowed when the booking is made
Note: Please be aware that this property can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests staying overnight, including infants.
Note: There is an Italian Caterer available for hire, please contact Manor Cottages to arrange.
Note: Sorry, no hens, stags or similar.
Note: The front drive and back gate are covered by CCTV.
Note: Two well behaved dogs welcome at the property, any additional dogs must be authorised by the owner and there will be a charge of £50 per dog.
Note: Sorry no cats or other animals allowed. Dogs must be house trained. An additional £250 cleaning fee will be charged if the dog/s make any mess in the house or have an accident. Pet owners will be responsible for the repair or replacement of any item/s damaged by the dog/s. The garden can not be used as a toilet, please use the surrounding roads & parks. By paying the pet fee you agree to these terms.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute