Wherever you go on a holiday in the UK, you can expect to find a tourist information centre not too far away. This is quite often the best place to start any of your Short Breaks because you can get a quick introduction to the area you have just arrived in.
The tourist information centre in Stratford upon Avon is no exception. You’ll find it located at the junction of Bridgeway and Bridge Foot, and it is less than a ten minute walk away from where Shakespeare was born. You can of course visit this property as well!
So here are five reasons why you should make the Tourist Information Centre in Stratford your first stop before you start exploring Stratford upon Avon in any more detail.
1. You will be able to find out all you need to know about the main Shakespeare properties you can visit in the town. Some of them, such as Anne Hathaway’s cottage, are not in the main town centre itself so you might miss them if you don’t find out more about them first. The tourist information centre makes it easy to get all the maps and information you need.
2. If you are on a UK holiday for a week or more, you will no doubt want to send postcards home to everyone. You can buy these in the centre too, as well as a great range of gifts that will remind you of your time in Stratford upon Avon.
3. As with all tourist information centres, this one also has information on other places you can visit in the local area. The town centre itself has plenty to offer you if you have a weekend away in mind. But for a longer stay in a Stratford upon Avon self catering cottage, you will be glad of some information and advice on other places to visit nearby.
4. On a walking or cycling holiday to Stratford upon Avon? You will be able to buy all the maps you need that give you extensive details on local walking and cycle routes worth exploring. Many holiday cottages have room to stow away your own bicycles, or you can ask about renting them locally when you arrive.
5. Finally, don’t forget that not all the best items are available to purchase! The staff members are always friendly and helpful, and they will be able to answer all the questions you may have about where to head to locally. If you are looking for a good restaurant for lunch they may be able to recommend some for you.
As you can see, making sure that the tourist information office is first on your list means that you can be assured of the best possible UK holiday in Stratford upon Avon. They will be able to point you towards the lesser known sights and places to visit, as well as all the familiar ones. As such this has to be the best sight of all on your arrival.