2012/13 Cancellation & Curtailment Protection Scheme
Manor Cottages operate a Cancellation Protection Scheme, which is included within the published price of your holiday. (Please note the extra payment required for over 75’s). We show below the cover our scheme provides. You are not covered for claims arising out of circumstances occurring before you book your holiday by payment. The cover is valid only for cancellation of the whole holiday, or in the case of curtailment the proportion of your holiday not taken. For bookings of 8 persons or more cancellation or cutailment cover is for the proportion of that individual's financial liability or cost. We recommend that all customers arrange suitable additional cover protection if necessary.
The cover is offered only on bookings of 21 days or less (in one stay) or less and/or for bookings of £999.99 or less. Bookings of 22+ days or of a value £1,000+, should seek alternative cover arrangements.
YOU ARE COVERED FOR:
• Death, illness, injury or compulsory quarantine of you or any member of your travelling party, excluding pets, named on the booking form (“you or any member of your travelling party”) or of any * relative or ** close business associate. (See definitions below)
• Disorganisation or disruption of any UK mainland public transport service due to strike, lock out, riot or civil commotion on which you rely to reach your holiday home. Tickets required as proof of claim.
• You or any member your travelling party being required to undertake jury service or appear as a witness at court of law providing you have had your written request for an alternative date refused
• Police requiring the presence of you or any member of your travelling party following fire or theft at your home or place of business
• Accidental damage to your or any member of your travelling party's home, occurring within 14 days of the planned departure date or during the holiday and rendering the home uninhabitable
• You or any member of your travelling party receiving notification of redundancy, within 2 months of the holiday start date, which qualifies for statutory payment under current legislation.
* Spouse, partner, child, parent, parent in law, brother, sister or fiancé(e).
** Co-Director or Business Partner
• Bookings from customers resident outside the UK
. Any recurring, chronic, or continuing illness or condition and pre existing medical conditions or injuries
• Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within two months of the start of your holiday
• Suicide or attempted suicide
• Drug addiction or alcoholism
• Failing to follow proper medical advice
• Persons over the age of 75 are excluded unless an additional payment of £5 per person over 75 is paid. Any such person will be subject to an exclusion of pre-existing medical conditions or injuries
• Certain hazardous sports or pastimes (Definition available on request)
• Travelling against medical advice
• Divorce, separation or personal relationship breakdown
We, regret that neither we nor the Owner can, accept liability or pay any compensation as a result of “force majeure”. (“Force majeure” means an event beyond the reasonable control of the Owner and/or us which we or the Owner in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid including, but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour dispute, act of God, acts of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with a law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, insolvency or bankruptcy of an Owner, fire, flood, snow and storm, difficulty or increased cost in obtaining workers, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or services).
For bookings of 8 people or more the Cover provides Protection ONLY for those named individuals listed on the booking form and the sum covered is a direct proportion of that person(s) of the total value of the booking. Should one of the named party need to cancel (according to terms above) the cover extends to the proportion of the holiday cost that the individual is liable for. All names MUST be provided at the time of booking confirmation.
You are covered from the date of booking and ends at midday on the day when the stay commences.
If you have to cancel your holiday due to any of the circumstances shown, we will pay up to the cottage holiday rental you are liable to pay, less the £75 handling charge or in the event of curtailment, the proportion of your holiday lost, less the £75 handling charge. The decision of Manor Cottages will be final in all cases.
If you do need to cancel your holiday, please telephone Manor Cottages immediately and follow up by writing, within 5 days, to:
Manor Cottages , Priory Mews, 33a Priory Lane, Burford, Oxon, OX18 4SG with support or proof of claim, e.g. doctor's letter. See Booking Conditions.
If the reason for cancellation is not covered by the terms above, the holiday cost must be paid in full. Naturally, we will endeavour to re-let the booking dates and if successful will normally refund the cost of the holiday less the £75 handling fee plus any other reasonable costs incurred. The deposit would not be refunded in such cases.
Find a cottage
You have not added any properties to your shortlist yet
You can do this by clicking on 'Add to Shortlist' next to any property
Please call us if you require assistance with your cottage selection or choice. Alternatively please click the help button and contact us and we'll do our best to assit you!
All our Cotswolds Cottages offer short breaks, however please note that there are restrictions at certain times of the year, particularly in School Holidays. Please contact us for full details as price and availability will vary from the website.
Long Term Lets
Manor Cottages offer a selection of cottages available for an extended rental period. If you are interested to view or discuss any of the properties listed below, please contact us.